Posts tagged adoption
Posts tagged adoption
Reason #1,569 why “just give it up for adoption!” is not a viable alternative to abortion.
- People with uteruses aren’t broodmares.
- Adoption is an option for those not wanting to parent, but not the issue of not wanting to be pregnant.
- Adoption can be an emotionally devastating option for some people.
- If the other parent does not consent to the adoption, the pregnant person may end up paying child support or having to care for the child.
- A person may not be able to afford to miss work for appointments, birth, and recovery.
-A person may not be able to afford to miss school for appointments, birth, and recovery.
- It does not help people who can’t safely bring a pregnancy to term because of mental illness, chronic illness, disability, abuse, or dysphoria.
- It does not help people in general who risk illness, disability, or death by bringing a pregnancy to term.
It’s. Not. That. Simple.
An anti-choicer asserts that adoption is not difficult for the child being adopted because “it is too young to remember any of it”.
And yet fetuses feel horrible pain and are completely aware of it. Huh.
Blogger’s commentary: Great, that’s cool. Of those ten families, how many of them are queer? Interracial? Non-religious? If I had a child to give up for adoption, they would not be going to a straight, white, psychotic, Christian couple associated with AHA.
And how many of those 10 families are willing to adopt an already born kid out of the foster system?
Oh wait, I forgot, fetuses are way more important than them.
HA! You’re pretty arrogant thinking you have the one true argument that can destroy every pro-choice argument ever.
Hey, isn’t pride one of those deadly sins? Better watch that…
The Beautiful Daughter: How My Korean Mother Gave Me the Courage to Transition
Growing up, I remember making a pact with myself. As an adopted child I promised to find my family…
Actual tears. This is beautiful.
“Same sex couples shouldn’t be able to adopt because their kids will get bullied for having two moms or two dads”
instead of not allowing same sex couples to adopt
maybe you should teach your little shitty kids not to bully
An anti-choicer shares her views on adoption and marriage.
This “I believe that women should have the right to choose abortion, adoption, or parenting but I don’t want to be labelled pro-choice” thing makes my head hurt.
That. is. exactly. what. pro. choice. means.