the argument is “my body, my choice”, which is a logical argument, so why don’t you actually follow it?! for example:
- i should have a CHOICE to wear a seat-belt in my car. my car, my body, my choice
- i should have a right to smoke cigarettes without you placing an illegal tax (selecting certain sections of the economy to tax more than others is unconstitutional) on them
- i should have the CHOICE to wear a helmet on a motorcycle. my head, my choice
- i should have the RIGHT TO CHOSE if i want to drink alcohol, or smoke pot. MY BODY
- if i own a business, i should have a CHOICE whether customers can smoke inside the building. if you don’t like it, you can CHOSE to not come to my business.
- i should have a CHOICE to watch pornography
basically, there are many aspects of life where i am not given a choice, and yet for some reason, pro-choicers only seem to focus on abortion. either stand up for PRO -CHOICE for all things, not just abortion, or shut up and sit down.
- Yes, you should have a choice not to wear a seat belt. Would it be really stupid? Yes. Should you be educated on the risks? Yes. But I agree, no legal penalties for not wearing a seat belt. Although I do think people should be fined if, for example, they don’t make their kids wear a seat belt, because then your actions/choices are affecting another person.
- Cigarettes should be illegal, in my opinion, because you’re giving everyone around you second-hand smoke. When your choices affect the lives of others, then they need to be regulated.
- I’m pretty sure you do have a choice on whether or not to wear a motorcycle helmet. Again, really, really stupid, but that choice does not affect anyone else.
- You should have the choice of whether or not to drink alcohol or smoke pot. Although if you become a violent drunk and hurt others, then maybe you shouldn’t be allowed to. Again, as soon as your choices affect more people than just you, it becomes a problem.
- You can’t let people smoke inside a business. We’ve been over this already. Second-hand smoke is terrible, and things like storefronts are essentially public space. Smoking should not be allowed in public.
- Porn? Really? That’s where you’re going with this? OF COURSE people should be able to watch porn! I wish that feminist porn would gain a little more popularity so people would choose that over porn that degrades women, but if you want to watch it go right ahead. It’s not my place to stop you.
So, you were saying about pro-choice? You think we’re all hypocrites because you don’t know us. Anti-choicers are not known for logic, I guess.